Penton Launches New Wealth Management Website

first_img“In our thinking, WealthManagement.com is the uber-brand,” says Warren Bimblick, Penton’s senior vice president of strategy and business development. “And if we really are trying to get our users to use us in surround sound, then what better way than to tie them together by subsuming strong print brands into a digital branding.”The move is a strategic one, not symbolic, stresses Bimblick, who adds that REP. and Trusts & Estates, with 94,000 (controlled) and 8,600 (paid) circulations respectively, will act as feeders to the main destination site. Accordingly, the site has adopted a hybrid free/registration/paid content model. Previously REP., which an average of about 184,000 monthly page views, had a free content model and T&E, with about 52,000 average monthly page views, was gated. Across the print and digital platforms the two brands have amassed a database of 600,000 names and Bimblick says promotions are now underway to drive that audience to the new site. While the digital platform made sense for a blended brand approach, the print brands will remain separate, says Bimblick. “One is a paid title and one is controlled. REP. is for financial advisors T&E is a paid subscription, peer-reviewed journal and a lot of its content is very specific for lawyers and accountants. They’re really quite different.” B-to-b media company Penton has launched a new website targeting the wealth management market called, appropriately enough, WealthManagement.com. The site merges two brands, RegisteredRep.com and Trusts&Estates.com, into one site.Those two brands are also supported by print titles—Registered Rep. and Trusts & Estates. Registered Rep. will changed its name to REP. and both titles, effective with the June issues, will become “units” of WealthManagement.com. The subordinate role will be reflected in the magazines’ new taglines. REP. will read “The WealthManagement.com magazine for financial professionals” and Trusts & Estates will read “The WealthManagement.com journal for estate and planning professionals.”last_img read more

Wilmingtons Latest Legal Notices Week of June 9 2019

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Below are the latest legal notices related to Wilmington, published during the week of Sunday, June 9, 2019:190693 — Benson — 26 Fairmeadow Road 190775 — Graham Estate190793 — Bids — Porous Pavement Sidewalk Shady Lane DrBurlington Self Storage Auction(NOTE: The above public notices is from MassPublicNotices.org.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of June 23, 2019)In “Government”Wilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of September 1, 2019)In “Government”Wilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of August 11, 2019)In “Government”last_img read more

Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abe clinches landslide victory in snap election

first_img Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abe clinches landslide victory in snap election IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/1:16Loaded: 0%0:02Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:15?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abes gamble paid off as his ruling bloc secured two-thirds of majority in the Lower House in the snap election. Following the results, Abe promised to deal firmly with North Korea amid the rising tensions in the region.center_img Closelast_img read more

Bangladesh moving ahead for its friendly ties with all PM

first_imgPrime minister Sheikh Hasina addresses a civic reception at Beijing on Wednesday. Photo: UNBNoting that Bangladesh has friendly relations with all, prime minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said Bangladesh is marching forward and getting foreign investment as the country has no hostility to anyone.”We’ve friendly relations with all. Now, Bangladesh has no hostile relation with anyone as it follows the foreign policy adopted by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman….this is why Bangladesh is marching forward and receiving investment,” she said referring to Bangladesh’s friendly relations with both China and India.The prime minister made the remarks while addressing a civic reception accorded to her at Legendale Hotel here.Expatriate Bangladeshis hosted the reception under the supervision of Bangladesh embassy in Beijing on the occasion of the prime minister’s bilateral official visit to China.Sheikh Hasina said Bangladesh has moving forward following the policy – ‘Friendship to all and malice to none’, which had been taken by the Father of the Nation.”If there’s any stable government and democratic environment, it can attract investment,” she said, adding that her government is setting up 100 special economic zones in the country.Noting that China turned into the world’s 2nd largest economy from a poor one in the last 70 years, the prime minister urged expatriate Bangladeshis to learn from the China’s history and development.She said China still faces obstacles as many will not want to see a country from this region or Asia to be the largest economy in the world.Mentioning that Bangabandhu had been taking the country forward with 7 per cent GDP growth by building a war-ravaged country within only three and a half years, she said the anti-liberation forces hindered the development journey of the country.Though the killers of the Father of the Nation were tried, those who had been behind the killing and its conspirators are yet to be identified, Sheikh Hasina, also the eldest daughter of Bangabandhu, said.She said time will come when the true facts (behind the killing) come to the fore.About the country’s development in the last one decade, Sheikh Hasina said the country’s GDP growth is now 8.10 per cent and her government passed the Tk 5231.90 billion budget for 2019-20 fiscal year recently.Criticising the anti-liberation forces, she said those who had not wanted the independence of Bangladesh and kept the country crippled never find anything good of the government.There is still a class of people in the country who are blind and who do not like democratic environment as they are evaluated during the period of martial law or emergency period or illegal regimes, not in a democratic environment, the prime minister said. “They always remain ready to sell themselves.”Noting that this class of people was in power for 29 years, she said, “We did the development in the 10 years what they didn’t do in the 29 years.”Sheikh Hasina said the government has taken development projects of some Tk 2000 billion for the current fiscal year and 90 per cent of the country’s development budget is implemented with own finance. “The share of foreign donation is 0.8 per cent in the country’s budget,” she added.She urged the expatriate Bangladeshis to work for the country coming up with innovative ideas.Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen also spoke at the event conducted by Bangladesh ambassador to China Md Fazlul Karim. Among expatriate Bangladeshis, Engineer Shamsul Haque spoke on the occasion.The prime minister arrived in Beijingon Wednesday morning after joining the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Annual Meeting of New Champions, 2019 held in Dalian city.Sheikh Hasina departed from Dhaka for China on 1 July and is scheduled to leave here for Dhaka on 6 July.last_img read more

VIDEO Nofly Zone Established During Super Bowl At NRG Stadium

first_img To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Share – / 10We take off from Ellington Field in a small, one-engine airplane and fly about 15 miles over to NRG Park.We circle it twice before making our way back.On Sunday, no aircraft (including drones) will be allowed near the area, and Air National Guard jets and helicopters will be nearby to intercept.Pilots with the Civil Air Patrol, the official civilian auxiliary for the Air Force, test the security plan by flying into the restricted zone.Video Playerhttps://cdn.hpm.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/01164506/florian-flight-film.mp400:0000:0000:23Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.“(Air National Guard pilots) get the number off the side,” Russell Peck, one of the pilots for the Civil Air Patrol, explained. “They will try to call us if we happen to be on an emergency frequency, which we should be as a general aviation person, should be monitoring that frequency.”If the aircraft isn’t listening, the Air National Guard will signal it to follow and have it land nearby.Since the terror attacks of Sep. 11, 2001, the Federal Aviation Administration institutes these no-fly zones fairly regularly – not just for the Super Bowl but any event where a lot of people gather, like an Astros game, for example.Breaches of the temporary flight restriction, or TFR, occur fairly regularly.“If you happen to be talking to air traffic control, they would tell you about it,” Peck said. “But otherwise, it’s real easy to go into a TFR that you’re just not aware of.”But he said most should be aware that the Super Bowl is happening at NRG Stadium on Sunday. 00:00 /01:14 Listen Xlast_img read more

Pope Apologizes For Serious Mistakes In Handling Of Chiles Sex Abuse Scandal

first_img Share Andrew Medichini/APPope Francis arrives in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican for his weekly general audience on Wednesday.Updated at 3:10 a.m. ETPope Francis has acknowledged “serious mistakes” in his handling of Chile’s sex abuse scandal and summoned the country’s bishops to an emergency meeting in Rome to discuss the matter.Francis blamed a lack of “truthful and balanced information” for misjudging the situation concerning Bishop Juan Barros, who he appointed to the small diocese of Osorno in 2015 despite allegations that he had helped cover up abuse by his mentor, the Rev. Fernando Karadima.Karadima was dismissed in 2011 after being found guilty by the church of abusing dozens of minors dating back to the 1980s. Following a canonical investigation, he was sentenced to a “life of prayer and penance” for his crimes.In the extraordinary three-page letter, Francis also apologized for accusing abuse victims of slandering Barros.“I ask forgiveness of all those I have offended and I hope to be able to do it personally in the coming weeks,” the pope said in the letter released by the Vatican on Wednesday.Francis said the bishops need to “re-establish confidence in the church, confidence that was broken by our errors and sins, and heal the wounds that continue to bleed in Chilean society.”Catholic News Service says, “Several [abuse] survivors apparently have been invited to the Vatican to meet the pope.”However, there was no indication whether or not Barros would stay on in his post.As NPR’s Bill Chappell reported during the pope’s visit to Chile in January:“Pope Francis has accused victims of sexual abuse in Chile of slander, saying their attacks on a bishop who’s accused of covering up the abuse amount to ‘calumny.’ The remarks triggered anger and demonstrations in Chile, where several churches have been firebombed in the past week.On the last day of his visit to Chile, Francis set the simmering resentment some hold against the Catholic Church to a full boil with his defense of Bishop Juan Barros.”“I am convinced he is innocent,” the pope insisted at the time.The remarks in Chile highlighted concerns about the pope’s commitment to combating sexual abuse by members of the Catholic clergy — an issue that has undermined the Church’s moral authority in much of the world.The following month, however, Francis dispatched Archbishop Charles Scicluna to lead an investigation in Chile that interviewed dozens of witnesses. The pope said when his envoys handed him the report, they were “overwhelmed with the sorrow of so many victims of grave abuses of conscience and power and, in particular, of sexual abuse committed by several consecrated persons against minors.”Francis said he feels “pain and shame” for the “crucified lives” of abuse victims.The National Catholic Register writes:“The Chilean bishops are meeting this week for a plenary assembly. Francis says he wanted to write to them now to ‘humbly request’ their help ‘in discerning the short, medium and long term measures to be taken to reestablish ecclesial communion in Chile, with the objective to repair the scandal as much as possible and restore justice.’He then says he plans to call them to Rome to discuss his ‘conclusions’ after reading the report Scicluna prepared following his February visit to the country.”The issue of the church’s handling of sex abuse is expected to be high on the agenda of the pope’s visit to Ireland in August.Copyright 2018 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.last_img read more