#MagneticMediaNews#JonquelJonesWNBA#ConnecticutSun Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppConnecticut, May 9th 2017: Jonquel Jones is back in the WNBA with the Connecticut Sun, following a successful off-season in Korea. She returned to the US, ending eight points on a 4-6 shooting night from the field and adding seven rebounds in the Sun’s 81-72 win over the Chicago Sky last Tuesday.In Korea, Jones took the Foreign Most Valuable Player award, Defensive Player of the Year award and was named “Best Five” in the league. She received one vote in the 2016 WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year tally to finish in a 5-way tie for fifth behind winner Jantel Lavender. The Sun will open the season on May 13, hosting the Atlanta Dream. Related Items:
Man killed in El Cajon after two pickup trucks collide February 1, 2018 Posted: February 1, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Updated: 4:59 PM KUSI Newsroom EL CAJON (KUSI) — A 49-year-old man was thrown from his vehicle and fatally injured Thursday morning when two pickup trucks collided in an El Cajon intersection, police said.The 2001 Nissan Frontier and 1999 Ford F150 crashed a little before 12:35 a.m. at the intersection of Jamacha Road and East Main Street, El Cajon police Lt. Stephen Kirk said. When officers and paramedics arrived, they found both badly damaged trucks disabled in the intersection, with witnesses tending to a man on the ground in the roadway. That man, the Frontier’s 49-year-olddriver, was pronounced dead at the scene, Kirk said. His name was withheld pending family notifications.The Ford’s 34-year-old driver was uninjured.A preliminary investigation determined the Ford was eastbound on East Main Street and the Nissan was traveling north on Jamacha Road when they crashed, though it wasn’t immediately clear who was at fault, Kirk said. Investigators did not immediately know if alcohol or drugs were involved.The intersection was closed for several hours and drivers were asked to avoid the area as police wrapped up their investigation, but it was expected to reopen before 8 a.m. KUSI Newsroom,
“In our thinking, WealthManagement.com is the uber-brand,” says Warren Bimblick, Penton’s senior vice president of strategy and business development. “And if we really are trying to get our users to use us in surround sound, then what better way than to tie them together by subsuming strong print brands into a digital branding.”The move is a strategic one, not symbolic, stresses Bimblick, who adds that REP. and Trusts & Estates, with 94,000 (controlled) and 8,600 (paid) circulations respectively, will act as feeders to the main destination site. Accordingly, the site has adopted a hybrid free/registration/paid content model. Previously REP., which an average of about 184,000 monthly page views, had a free content model and T&E, with about 52,000 average monthly page views, was gated. Across the print and digital platforms the two brands have amassed a database of 600,000 names and Bimblick says promotions are now underway to drive that audience to the new site. While the digital platform made sense for a blended brand approach, the print brands will remain separate, says Bimblick. “One is a paid title and one is controlled. REP. is for financial advisors T&E is a paid subscription, peer-reviewed journal and a lot of its content is very specific for lawyers and accountants. They’re really quite different.” B-to-b media company Penton has launched a new website targeting the wealth management market called, appropriately enough, WealthManagement.com. The site merges two brands, RegisteredRep.com and Trusts&Estates.com, into one site.Those two brands are also supported by print titles—Registered Rep. and Trusts & Estates. Registered Rep. will changed its name to REP. and both titles, effective with the June issues, will become “units” of WealthManagement.com. The subordinate role will be reflected in the magazines’ new taglines. REP. will read “The WealthManagement.com magazine for financial professionals” and Trusts & Estates will read “The WealthManagement.com journal for estate and planning professionals.”
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are the latest legal notices related to Wilmington, published during the week of Sunday, June 9, 2019:190693 — Benson — 26 Fairmeadow Road 190775 — Graham Estate190793 — Bids — Porous Pavement Sidewalk Shady Lane DrBurlington Self Storage Auction(NOTE: The above public notices is from MassPublicNotices.org.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of June 23, 2019)In “Government”Wilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of September 1, 2019)In “Government”Wilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of August 11, 2019)In “Government”
X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Listen 00:00 /16:44 Public domain images.Yeehaw! Hang on, everybody!On this episode of Party Politics: Texas Edition, co-hosts Jay Aiyer and Brandon Rottinghaus break down these tumultuous topics in Texas political news:The Ken Paxton rulingJames Dickey elected as Texas GOP chairmanSan Antonio and Austin have announced they will file suit to stop Texas’ new immigration enforcement law, Senate Bill 4Hurricane season is now! Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush says Texas is not preparedThe Beverly Hillbillies in reverse: the Californians are moving to Texas.Then the profs dig deep into the Special Session. By the way, don’t forget to check out our national episodes of Party Politics, too.Party Politics is produced by Dacia Clay, Edel Howlin and Laura Lucas. Our audio engineer is Todd Hulslander. This article is part of the Party Politics podcast Share
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2019). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1818350116 © 2019 Science X Network Journal information: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Citation: Physicists explain fireballs erupting from grapes in microwave oven (2019, February 19) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2019-02-physicists-fireballs-erupting-grapes-microwave.html More information: Linking plasma formation in grapes to microwave resonances of aqueous dimers, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2019). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1818350116 Play Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2019). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1818350116 Genomic study reveals clues to wild past of grapes Play Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2019). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1818350116 This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. PausePlay% buffered00:0000:00UnmuteMuteDisable captionsEnable captionsSettingsCaptionsDisabledQuality0SpeedNormalCaptionsGo back to previous menuQualityGo back to previous menuSpeedGo back to previous menu0.5×0.75×Normal1.25×1.5×1.75×2×Exit fullscreenEnter fullscreen Back in 2011, impressive videos of grapes igniting in microwaves went viral on YouTube. All a person had to do was cut a grape in half, leaving the two halves connected by a bit of skin at the bottom, and heat them in a microwave oven—within seconds, a tiny fireball would appear between them. Making things even more exciting was that nobody could explain it. Since that time, many armchair scientists have presented possible explanations—one of the more popular was the suggestion that the grapes somehow form an antenna directing the microwaves across the skin bridge. In this new effort, the physicists in Canada ran multiple tests on the grapes and other similar objects to learn the true reason for the formation of the fireball.The tests consisted mostly of using thermal imaging cameras to capture the action as the grapes were heated and running simulations. They also tested other similarly sized fruit and plastic balls filled with water.The researchers found that the formation of the fireball was the result of a simple process. As the microwaves enter the grapes, hot spots form in both pieces at the points where they are closest to one another due to a bond between them. As the hot spots grow hotter, surrounding electrolytes become supercharged, resulting in the formation of a burst of plasma in the form of a small fireball.The researchers note that the same effect could be produced using similarly sized fruit or water-filled balls. They also found that it is not necessary to maintain any sort of physical connection between the two pieces—all that is required is that they be no more than three millimeters apart. A trio of researchers with McMaster, Concordia and Trent Universities has solved the mystery of why pairs of grapes ignite into fireballs when cooked together in a microwave oven. In their paper published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Hamza Khattak, Pablo Bianucci and Aaron Slepkov claim that the fireball is not the result of heat from the outside of the grapes making its way in, but instead comes about due to hotspots that form in both grapes. Explore further PausePlay% buffered00:0000:00UnmuteMuteDisable captionsEnable captionsSettingsCaptionsDisabledQuality0SpeedNormalCaptionsGo back to previous menuQualityGo back to previous menuSpeedGo back to previous menu0.5×0.75×Normal1.25×1.5×1.75×2×Exit fullscreenEnter fullscreen
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) is keeping a vigil on former employees and a few senior bureaucrats from various ministries in connection to the corporate espionage case, after the recent arrest of the two former multi-tasking staffs (MTS) by the Crime Branch.“Very soon, the SIT will summon several senior bureaucrats from the ministry for investigation. Bureaucrats, employees and officials with the Public Sector Undertakings will also be questioned, as we have found the involvement of some of them in this case,” a source told Millennium Post. A senior police official privy to investigation said that the same module, which was involved in the stealing and leaking of documents, had their men within the ministry of environment and forests, ministry of power, ministry of telecommunications and ministry of road transport and highways. Also Read – Company director arrested for swindling Rs 345 croreThe probe has further brought to light that the stealing and procuring of the highly classified documents had been going on for a decade. The two arrested employees, who were associated with the environment ministry and the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) said that they have been stealing the documents since 1996 and selling them to the corporate houses.It has been revealed by the accused persons that documents from the forest ministry, transport and highways had been demanded by the corporate houses. After picking a few targets, the concerned offices were besieged and the lower-rung employees were contacted to procure the documents related to that ministry, the source said. Also Read – Man who cheated 20 women on matrimonial websites arrestedThe SIT arrested Jatinder Nagpal, personal assistant to the joint secretary in the ministry on Wednesday night. He was accompanied by one Vipan Kumar, personal assistant to a member of the UPSC. Kumar had joined the petroleum and natural gas ministry in the position of a stenographer in 1996. The police said that, from 1996 to 2010, Kumar used to steal documents from the ministry with the help of his contacts and subsequently pass them on to corporate houses. Nagpal, too, had joined service as a stenographer in 1994 at the ministry of law and justice, where he served till 2007. From 2001 to 2003, while he worked at the ministry of chemicals and fertilizers, he used to acquire documents from Vipan Kumar, Lokesh Sharma (already arrested earlier) and his other contacts.